Buy Now, Pay Later powered by Shop Pay
When you check out with Shop Pay, you have the option to pay in installments. Installments are a flexible payment option that can help you invest in larger purchases, from $50 up, by dividing your purchase amount into four equal, biweekly, and interest-free payments. There are no additional fees and checking eligibility has no impact to credit.
After you set up Shop Pay, you see the option to pay in installments with Shop Pay when you check out store with an eligible order. If you haven’t added a debit or credit card to your Shop Pay account, then you can do so during checkout and it’s saved for future purchases. Affirm's underwriting systems determine whether your first payment is due at checkout or 2 weeks after your purchase. The next 3 remaining installments are automatically charged to your card saved on Shop Pay every 2 weeks.
Eligibility and Requirements
To pay in installments with Shop Pay in a participating store, you need to meet the following requirements:
- Reside in the United States
- Sign up for Shop Pay
- Add your debit or credit card to your Shop Pay account
Checking eligibility has no impact on your credit score. For Shop Pay installments, Affirm will not report to credit bureaus.
The following limitations currently apply to paying in installments with Shop Pay:
- You can't pay for an order in installments if the order includes currency in any form, including virtual and digital currency, like gift cards.
- To qualify, orders need to be between $50 and $3000 USD, inclusive of shipping and taxes.
- If you change your phone number or email within Shop Pay, then you also need to update your information with Affirm before you can pay for another purchase in installments with Shop Pay.